Our uniform has been chosen with great care. Our priority was to find a uniform that is smart, fit for purpose, economical and easy to care for. Our dress code is practical and allows a choice within very clear boundaries. The dress code applies both within school and on the journey to and from school.
We took into consideration input we had from prospective parents and pupils to help us make our final decisions.
We ask in return that you and your children take care that they all come to school in the correct uniform and that each item is clean and clearly named.
All items will be available to purchase online on the Price and Buckland website.
A choice of jumper, cardigan and/or tank tops with two blue trim and school logo
There is a choice of pale blue or white buttoned shirts, these can be fully buttoned or have a revere collar. These can be purchased online at the school uniform shop or at a local supplier/supermarket
Flat front navy blue trousers with school logo by pocket
Stitch down pleat tartan skirt. Please note this must not be rolled up.
Socks and shoes
All shoes must be: sensible; plain black; ‘polishable’; non-trainers; not canvas; without heels; without logos. Trousers will sit over them. If a scholar is wearing the wrong footwear, their family will be contacted to bring the correct footwear into school or the scholar will be asked to change into footwear provided by the school.
If you are unsure whether or not a shoe is appropriate, then please email a photo of the footwear to Mr Chapman or Miss Tyler for confirmation. Additionally, please see the following photos for examples of shoes v trainers and what will and not be allowed:
Socks and tights – pupils can wear ankle or knee length blue or black socks or tights. Please note that over-the-knee socks are not permitted.
- Navy and red polo shirt with white trim
- Navy and red Skort or shorts
- Hoody top with school logo
- Navy track suit bottoms with white trim or navy leggings
- Red and blue striped sport socks
Scholars will also need to wear shin pads and a mouthguard for their hockey lessons and in other sports as required. These can be purchased in store or online from many outlets including Amazon, Sports Direct and Tescos.
Hair should be of a natural colour and style, without shavings or patterns. Scholars must have natural hairline with no undercutting or fashion styles. A scholar may be asked to tie back hair for health and safety reasons e.g. in Science/PE. Hair bands should be of one simple colour. No other hair accessories are necessary. Eyebrows should be natural, with no modifications or shavings.
- Bags: Scholars are advised to use the school backpack specified on the uniform list, or a bag of similar capacity. No handbags or small capacity bags
- Belts, if worn, should be plain black and not worn as a ‘fashion statement’. ‘Fashion’ belt buckles are unacceptable
- Hats and caps need to be removed before entering the building
- Watches may be worn (but not smartwatches or watches with sim cards)
- If children have their ears pierced they can wear plain studs no bigger than 4 mm
- All earrings must be removed by the child for PE. Please note, staff are not allowed to tape up or remove earrings for PE
- No other body piercings are permitted
- No visible make up should be worn
- No nail varnish or acrylic nails at any time