At TFS, we are committed to providing a rigorous, academic, knowledge-based curriculum, with a core focus on ensuring excellent provision in EBACC subjects. This will empower all of our scholars to gain success in any field and will play an instrumental role in closing the gap for disadvantaged scholars.
To ensure that all scholars are able to achieve and succeed, we will put reading at the heart of our curriculum. We will ensure that every scholar is reading at or above their chronological age as soon as possible after they join TFS, as we know that a scholar’s ability to read will have a significant impact on how rapidly they are able to gain knowledge and make progress across the curriculum.
At TFS, our curriculum will:
- Promote reading as the foundation for education and life success
- Provide a broad and balanced education for all scholars, with a key focus on the EBACC subjects
- Enable scholars to develop powerful knowledge on which they build their understanding, creativity and enquiry.
- Promote a positive and proactive attitude towards learning
- Develop in scholars consistent learning habits of preparation and hard work, taking a care to equip them for further education and employment
- Ensure equal access to learning, with high expectations for every scholar and appropriate levels of challenge and support
- Support scholars’ cultural literacy
- Support scholars’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development
- Support scholars’ physical development and responsibility for their own health, and enable them to be active.
Click on the links below to discover our full curriculum plan for Year 7 and 8.